10.01.2008

something to learn at Raya...

Tell you something..

Story #1:
There was once a father named Tan Ah Choy..
He had three sons..
The eldest of them all, Tan Ah Kao..
The second boy, Tan Ah Long..
And the youngest kid, Tan Ah Beng..

They fought each other since they were small..
From mother's milk, to their father's favour, to girlfriends, and finally, the division of their father's property..
In short, they always fought for their gain.. And disliked each other..

One day.. Ah Beng gambled in Genting and lost RM400mil..
Well, clearly he was undergoing a shortage of money..
So, what to do? He borrowed $$ from the Loan Shark lo...
But he borrowed, and couldn't pay back...
How?
Of course the Loan Shark beat him up la..
Just then..

"STOP!!!"
Ah Kao bellowed.. Along came Ah Long..
They walked towards the Loan Shark guys..
Then Ah Kao said, "How much he owe you? RM1000mil ah? Aiya..(taking out a suitcase).. All yours! Take it and leave him!"
The Loan Sharks were stunned.. They looked at Ah Beng and blurted, "You never told us you have two brothers".. They left..

Ah Beng, bloody-lipped and bruised, turned towards his brothers..

"Why save me..?"

...
...

"We are Tan ma..."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~


Story #2:
There were once three badminton players..
Ah Char from Penang, he was the most skilled player in the country, though without a decent racquet..
Ahmad from Kelantan, the second best, with an ok ok racquet..
And Balar from Malacca, ranked no.3 in the country, using the best quality racquet in Asia..

The three of them were chosen to compete in the Olympics Badminton Men's Doubles..
They took turns in competing every round, one of them sat on the bench while the other two were playing..

Finally, they entered the Finals!

On the night before the finals..

"I wanna compete coz I'm the best in skills!" yelled Ah Char wearing a T-shirt of his original badminton team in Penang..
"No! I wanna compete coz I have the best racquet, which boosts the chances of winning!" whined Balar in a "Malacca Boleh" T-shirt..
"No lah.. I think I should compete coz I have the skills and a decent racquet.." said Ahmad wearing his "Yeah Kelantan" T-shirt..

And so the three disputed, unable to compromise and decide which two will be competing in the Finals..

Until the next day...

"I wanna compete!"
"No! I wanna compete!"
"NO! I'm the best! So I should go!"

They argued all the way into the badminton court, with thousands of fans cheering.. They still didn't know who they were competing against..
Suddenly..
"Let us welcome the second team of the Men's Doubles Finals, from China, Lin Dan and Bao Chunlai!"
Once the three saw their opponents, they started to stammer and lose confidence.. How?

A flash of red, blue, white and yellow...
Three T-shirts dropped on the floor.. Ah Char, Ahmad and Balar looked up, and saw their coach, red-faced, flushed with anger..
He said, "Ok! You (Ah Char) will be competing for Penang, You (Ahmad) will be competing for Kelantan, and You (Balar) will be competing for Mallaca! Happy??"
The trio were stunned by their coach.. They looked down at the T-shirts on the floor and saw..

Three T-shirts with Jalur Gemilang flags sewn onto it.. Behind the T-shirt there were words written "Malaysia Boleh"..

Now they understood...

"Erm.. Ah Char.. I think I don't wanna compete lah.. This racquet give you lah.. might give you higher chances.." said Balar..
Ah Char was shocked by Balar's move, "Really ah?? Your favourite racquet I can't afford to accept leh.."
Balar looked at him, "Never mind, we are now competing for Malaysia, aren't we?"
Ah Char looked at Balar's racquet, thought for a moment, and said, "Why not Ahmad take Balar's racquet and I take his.. That way we're even.."
The others nodded, switched racquets, changed their T-shirts, and started the game..

And the results..?

...
...

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~


Err... why did I post this in the first place?
Oh ya...
This is Hari Raya, the time for our muslim friends to have a great time with their beloved family..
It is also a time to promote peace and security for the sake of prosperity..

The two stories that I have shared with all of you above... Well, the main message is: however much we fight, when we face outsiders, we are still from one place and one family, right? So why fight?
The same also goes to other scenarios, not only dispute among family members and arguments among races between countries, but also uniform bodies inside our school..
When we win any competition, we always shout "YuHua!" out loud..
This shows the power of unity under one cause..

When we fight for ONE cause, we get united..
When we fight for ONE cause with a COMMON policy, we get strong.. Just like the stories above!
If we strive for improvement for different causes with different policies, we usually won't walk alongside each other, because we do not have THE SAME TARGET..
THAT's why there is such a thing in the world called a VISION, which sets the COMMON GOAL amongst many people, so that we could strive for the ultimate betterment AS ONE...

THAT's why our country has a vision: Wawasan 2020..
Forget about who created it or promoted it at the first place.. Let's look at the contents..
The challenges we must overcome to achieve Wawasan 2020 are:
  • Challenge 1: To form a nation that stands as one.
  • Challenge 2: To produce a Malaysian community that has freedom, strength, and full of self confidence.
  • Challenge 3: To develop a mature democratic community.
  • Challenge 4: To form a community that has high morale, ethics and religious strength.
  • Challenge 5: To cultivate a community that is matured and tolerant.
  • Challenge 6: To form a progressive science community.
  • Challenge 7: To cultivate a community rich in values and loving culture.
  • Challenge 8: To ensure the formation of a community with a fair economy.
  • Challenge 9: To cultivate a prosperous community.
picked from wikipedia.org

Let's focus on Challenge 1 shall we?
Challenge 1: To form a nation that stands as one.

Not big enough?
Here..

Challenge 1: To form a nation that stands as one.

Saw it? I bet you did..
Some people may ask, why is it the FIRST challenge?
Well, isn't it kindda obvious?
If we don't stand as one at the first place, how the heck are we going to achieve the others?

How do we stand as one?
There is a saying: every good achievements start from ourselves..

There is a moral value in our textbooks called "toleransi"..

Yesterday was first day of Hari Raya Aidilfitri, I went to school to tidy up some documents..
I sat in my dad's car..
As we neared my school, we passed by a large mosque, and saw many muslim friends walking towards it..
At the same time, there came a loud voice out of the mosque which I think is their prayers..
Very loud.. Do you know what I was thinking at that time?

Well, I was thinking of Lion Dances, which are equally as loud..
So I thought, is there a problem for them to call their prayers out loud? The Chinese are doing the same, though with a different method.. So I don't think there's a problem..

If others could tolerate the bangings and trumpetings of our culture and religion, why can't we tolerate their's?
Thinking on the opposite: If we couldn't tolerate others' culture and religion, how could the tolerate ours?
With a little toleration from each other, why can't we achieve unity in a short period of time?
This rule applies not only to racial harmony, but also ALL forms of unity promotion!
Here, this is the general version:
-If others could tolerate us and our style, why can't we tolerate their's?
-Thinking on the opposite: If we couldn't tolerate others, how could the tolerate us?


I think this is something we should learn and do this Raya..
Summing up my post..
We should learn to tolerate others to unsure peace and harmony in our strive to achieve OUR vision which would ultimately lead us to succeed in OUR goal!
团结是力量
perpaduan teras kejayaan
Haha...


Anywayz..
Selamat Hari Raya Aidilfitri to all muslim friends!
maaf Zahir & Batin


Sorry for the long post~
Toldya I love to write.. XD

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Haha .. this posts match the Hari Kebangsaan this year ...

No it doesnt long at all ... because I like creative posts , so it attract me to read ..

+ OIL ... perpaduan !



http://kijkoh.blogspot.com

Anonymous said...

this one really really good, it makes us realize :P

Anyway, this one is more longer than the previous one :P

but i finished reading it :) maybe a bit skipping the paragraph :P